All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWINNER OF THE BETTY TRASK PRIZE 2016 Meet Gunter Glass - ex-milkman and aspiring window-cleaner, struggling to find his way in the world His mum has died, his dad's retired, he's just been let go from his milk round - and Gunter Glass has his head in the clouds. Fortunately, he also has a head for heights, and a lifelong fascination with glass. So when the call comes to clean the windows of the tallest skyscraper in London, he sets off for the big city with little more than youthful enthusiasm, a dual-squeegee holster and his dear departed mother's homespun wisdom. But will Gunter's incence put him on a collision course with the modern world? He's never had a girlfriend, and w he's falling for a clairvoyant with unclear intentions. Most of what he kws about life comes from Wikipedia, so sharing a dingy flat with an eccentric German philosopher is a bit befuddling. And most worrying of all, he's starting to think his new boss may be a little unhinged ...Glass is a vel about learning to wise up to the world around you. Charming, funny and slyly clever, it establishes Alex Christofi as one of Britain's most exciting young writers.
- Author BiographyAlex Christofi was born and grew up in Dorset. After reading English at the University of Oxford, he moved to London to work in publishing. He has written a number of short pieces for theatre, and blogs about arts and culture for Prospect magazine. Glass is his first novel.
- PrizesWinner of Betty Trask Prize 2016.
- Author(s)Alex Christofi
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSerpent's Tail
- Weight229 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.