All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are all 'glass consumers'. Organisations kw so much about us, they can almost see through us. Governments and businesses collect and process our personal information on a massive scale. Everything we do, and everywhere we go, leaves a trail. But is this in our interests? The glass consumer appraises this relentless scrutiny of consumers' lives. It reviews what is kwn about how personal information is used and examines the benefits and risks to consumers. The book takes the debate beyond privacy issues, arguing that we are living in a world in which - more than ever before - our personal information defines our opportunities in life. This book is essential reading for anyone concerned with the future of information use, data protection and privacy. It will also appeal more widely to those with an interest in techlogy and society, social policy, consumption, marketing and business studies.
- Author BiographyDr Susanne Lace is a senior policy officer at the National Consumer Council in the UK. The National Consumer Council (NCC) uses its insight into consumer needs to advocate change. We work with public service providers, businesses and regulators, and our relationship with the Department of Trade and Industry - our main funder - gives us a strong connection within government. We conduct rigorous research and policy analysis to investigate key consumer issues, and use this to influence organisations and people that make change happen.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2005
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight363 g
- Width148 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySusanne Lace
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.