All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionLate August heat, still and heavy, down on the Somerset Levels. A land of water and silt and mud and eels. Something is moving. Unfurling...During a heady hot summer, a young girl's sexual awakening is coloured by shadows of her early childhood. Written with Leyshon's characteristic stark lyricism and suffused with the austere poetry of the West Country, Glass Eels dramatises the unconscious world of instinct where the lives of humans, plants and eels are all ruled by the primal rhythms of the wetlands. It opens at the Hampstead Theatre in June 2007.
- Author BiographyNell Leyshon's previous work includes Comfort Me With Apples (hampsteadtheatre and tour) and Don't Look Now (Sheffield Theatres & Lyric Hammersmith), both directed by Lucy Bailey, and the novel Black Dirt which was nominated for the Orange Prize in 2005.
- Author(s)Nell Leyshon
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.