All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPrimary or chronic open angle glaucoma is a painless condition usually associated with high pressure in the eye. It affects approximately four per cent of all people over the age of fifty. Untreated, glaucoma is a major cause of blindness worldwide. The second edition of Glaucoma: A Patient's Guide to the Disease, published in 2001, offered essential information about glaucoma and its treatment, presented in a simple question and answer format to allow patients to participate actively in the decision-making process along the road to successful maintenance of their vision. The third edition adds to and augments the previous edition by introducing important updates on new medical and surgical treatments and information on the latest techniques used to diagse and follow glaucoma. Graham E. Trope provides the answers to dozens of commonly asked questions in sections headed 'All About Glaucoma,' 'Tests for Glaucoma,' and 'All About Treatment.' Also included are discussions of possible complications, detailed illustrations, and a listing of glaucoma societies in Canada, the United States, and United Kingdom. This valuable guide is an essential reference t only for patients but also for all health-care professionals, including general practitioners and optometrists.
- Author BiographyGraham E. Trope is Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, and Director of the Glaucoma Unit at the University Health Network of Toronto.
- Author(s)Graham E. Trope
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication18/08/2004
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date03/10/2016
- Content Note8 illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width127 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.