All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPrimary or chronic open angle glaucoma is a painless condition usually associated with high pressure in the eye. It affects approximately four per cent of all people over the age of fifty. Untreated, glaucoma is a major cause of blindness worldwide. Glaucoma: A Patient's Guide to the Disease offers essential information about glaucoma and its treatment, presented in a simple question and answer format to allow patients to participate actively in the decision-making process along the road to successful maintenance of their vision. The fourth edition has been updated with the latest medical and surgical advancements in diagsing and treating the disease, including information on new imaging techniques. Graham E. Trope provides the answers to dozens of commonly asked questions in sections headed 'All About Glaucoma,' 'Tests for Glaucoma,' and 'All About Treatment.' Also included are discussions of possible complications, detailed illustrations, and a listing of glaucoma societies in Canada, the United States, and United Kingdom. This valuable guide is an essential reference t only for patients but for all health-care professionals, including general practitioners and optometrists.
- Author BiographyGraham E. Trope is Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, and Director of the Glaucoma Unit at the University Health Network of Toronto.
- Author(s)Graham E. Trope
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note8
- Weight140 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.