All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis atlas offers a truly comprehensive update on the use of imaging techlogies for the diagsis and follow-up of glaucoma. In addition to standard automated perimetry, gonioscopy, fundus photography, and stereophotography, other advanced, high-resolution methods for imaging the eye in glaucoma are explained in detail, including ultrasound biomicroscopy, confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy, scanning laser polarimetry, and spectral domain optical coherence tomography. The role of the various tests and the keys to optimizing their use in clinical practice are detailed with the aid of high-quality figures in order to enable the reader to achieve the best possible performance when applying these tools. The risk of developing visual disability and blindness as a consequence of glaucoma varies widely among affected individuals. Personalized testing strategies and tailored therapeutic interventions are required to effectively reduce visual impairment due to glaucoma. Glaucoma Imaging will assist residents, researchers, and clinicians in improving their ability to understand and integrate the information obtained using traditional techniques with the reports provided by computer-assisted image instruments.
- Author BiographyAntonio Ferreras, MD, PhD, is a Consultant Ophthalmologist who works at the Miguel Servet University Hospital, Zaragoza, Spain and the Aragon Health Sciences Institute, University of Zaragoza. He has been an Associate Professor at the University of Zaragoza since 2007. Until 2010 he worked as a glaucoma and cataract surgeon, and he is currently a vitreoretinal and cataract surgeon. Dr. Ferreras has been involved in numerous clinical trials and his research has included the diagnosis of glaucoma by means of high-definition optical coherence tomography and scanning laser polarimetry with enhanced corneal compensation. He is the recipient of an International Ophthalmologist Education Award (2009) and an Achievement Award (2013) from the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Ferreras is a member of the editorial board of Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine and a member of the International Journal of Ophthalmology Expert Board. He has been guest editor for a Journal of Ophthalmology special edition on Different aspects in different glaucomas (2010-11) and for the BioMed Research International special issue on Advances in imaging technologies for evaluating the retina and the optic disc (2014). He is the author of more than 80 peer-reviewed publications.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight746 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAntonio Ferreras
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.