All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I loved this book, I was moved by this book and w I will share this book with my own mother.' Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love. From the New York Times best-selling author of The Middle Place comes a new memoir that examines the bond between mothers and daughters. Kelly Corrigan's mother summarised the the division of labour in her family as: 'Your father's the glitter, but I'm the glue.' This meant thing to Kelly, who left her childhood sure that her mum would be thing more than background for the rest of Kelly's life. After college, she took off see things and Become Interesting. In a matter of months her savings had dwindled and she needed a job. That's how she met John Tanner, a newly widowed Australian father of two looking for a live-in nanny.There, in that small, motherless house her mother's voice was suddenly everywhere. Each day she spent with the Tanner kids was a day she spent reconsidering her relationship with her mother, turning it over in her hands like a shell, trying to hear whatever messages might be trapped in its shadowy spiral. This is a book about who you admire and why, and how that changes over time.
- Author BiographyKELLY CORRIGAN is the author of The Middle Place and Lift, both New York Times bestsellers. She is a YouTube sensation whose beloved Transcending video has been seen by more than 5 million viewers. She is also a contributor to O, The Oprah Magazine and Good Housekeeping, and is the founder of circusofcancer.org. She lives outside San Francisco with her husband and two daughters.
- Author(s)Kelly Corrigan
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Weight174 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.