Global Accord: Environmental Challenges and International Responses by MIT Press Ltd (Paperback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Accord is the first holistic assault on a complex set of environmental issues. It provides a much-needed analytical framework for examining how individuals, groups, and nations create environmental dislocations, and how nations can work together to solve ecological problems that cross their borders. The fifteen essays cover theoretical and empirical dimensions, actors and processes, law and ecomics, and international institutions and systems.Effective management of global environmental problems may become the most significant institutional challenge for the twenty-first century. The purpose of this book - the first in a series of scholarly investigations of global environmental accord - is to develop an integrated approach to interactions between environmental and social systems, and between ecological and decision systems, in order to untangle the connections between human actions and environmental consequences and to improve prospects for concerted global responses to environmental problems. Each chapter highlights the importance of recognizing differences in perspectives and priorities among nations and of articulating rms for management of the global environment.Nazli Choucri is Professor of Political Science and Associate Director of the Techlogy and Development Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Techlogy. Contributors: Hayward R. Alker, Jr. Garry D. Brewer. Abram Chayes. Nazli Choucri. Michael E. Colby. Peter M. Haas. Thomas F. HomerDixon. Robert C. North. Jerome Rothenberg. Francisco R. Sagasti. Eugene B. Skolnikoff. Maurice Strong. Jan Sungren. Edith Brown Weiss. Oran R. Young. David G. Victor.
- Author BiographyNazli Choucri is Professor of Political Science at MIT, and Associate Director of MIT's Technology and Development Program, and Director of GSSD (Global System for Sustainable Development). She is the author or editor of many books, including Global Accord: Environmental Challenges and International Responses (MIT Press, 1993) and Mapping Sustainability: Knowledge e-Networking and the Value Chain.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/1995
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleGlobal Environmental Accord: Strategies for Sustainability and Institutional Innovation
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note37
- Weight749 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byNazli Choucri
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.