All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for undergraduate students, this reader combines essays on actual causes and issues that mobilize activists with theory and concepts of social mobilization. The Global Activism Reader is a unique collection of essays that introduce the various causes, actors, and organization of transnational mobilization to provide a broad, accessible survey of cases and theory. Beginning with concepts and definitions, the reader offers some historical perspective before focusing on contemporary transnational activism. This core section includes major causes or issue areas and specific campaigns. Readings on any given issue always include a critical or dissident voice. Weaving theory with case studies, the work discusses the environment, human rights, women's rights, arms control and disarmament, global justice and democracy, and religion. In addition, each essay features an introduction and conclusion by the editor as well as suggestions for further readings. The Reader addresses undergraduate students in political science and international relations in such courses as transnational activism, globalization, and global policy. It will allow students t only to learn about various contemporary movements, but also to develop a theoretical perspective to understand them.
- Author BiographyLuc Reydams joined the Department of Political Science at the University of Notre Dame in 2002, where he teaches courses on international law, international organizations, transnational social movements and the network society. He has published monographs with Oxford University Press as well as several refereed articles in journals.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight658 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLuc Reydams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.