All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a selection of the papers presented at the Global Antisemitism: A Crisis of Modernity conference organized at Yale University by YIISA/ISGAP in August 2010.It is one of five volumes reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of the conference as well as the diverse nature of the subject of antisemitism in general.These volumes will be of interest to students and scholars of antisemitism and discrimination, as well as to scholars and readers from other fields. Rather than treating antisemitism merely as an historical phemen, they place it squarely in the contemporary context. As a result, the papers presented in these volumes also provide important insights into the ideologies, processes, and developments that give rise to prejudice in the contemporary global context.Volume I includes papers that approach antisemitism from a wide range of conceptual perspectives and scholarly disciplines. The following papers appear in this volume: Introduction, Charles Asher Small; New Europe, Holocaust Memory, and Antisemitism, David M. Seymour; Antisemitism and Anti-Capitalism in the Current Ecomic Crisis, Nicolas Bechter; Equations in Contemporary Anti-Zionism: A Conceptual Analysis, Shalem Coulibaly; Antisemitic Metaphors and Latent Communication, Bjoern Milbradt; Ecomic and Behavioral Foundations of Prejudice, Arye L. Hillman; Antisemitism and the Victimary Era, Adam Katz; The Antisemitic Imagination, Catherine Chatterley; The Communication Latency of Antisemitic Attitudes: An Experimental Study, Heiko Beyer and Ivar Krumpal; The Definition of Antisemitism, Kenneth L. Marcus; Embracing the Nation: Jewish Assimilationist and Anti-Zionist Responses to Modernity, C.R. Power and Sharon Power; Nationalism and Antisemitism in the Postnational Constellation: Thoughts on Horkheimer, Ador, and Habermas, Karin Stoegner and Johannes Hoepoltseder; Modern Capitalist Society, Competing Nation States, Antisemitism and Hatred of the Jewish State, Robin Stoller.
- Author BiographyDr. Charles Asher Small is the Director of the Institute for the Study of Global Antisemitism and Policy (ISGAP). He is also the Koret Distinguished Scholar at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University. Charles received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, McGill University, Montreal; a M.Sc. in Urban Development Planning in Economics, Development Planning Unit (DPU), University College London; and a Doctorate of Philosophy (D.Phil), St. Antony's College, Oxford University.Charles was the founding Director of the Yale Initiative for the Interdisciplinary Study of Antisemitism (YIISA), the first interdisciplinary research center on antisemitism at a North American university. At Yale he taught in the Political Science Department and the Program on Ethics, Politics and Economics, and ran a post-doctorate and graduate studies fellowship program at YIISA. He was also an Associate Professor and the Director of Urban Studies at Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU). He has lectured internationally and worked as a consultant and policy advisor in North America, Europe, Southern Africa, and the Middle East. Charles specializes in social and cultural theory, globalization and national identity, socio-cultural policy, and racism(s) - including antisemitism.
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byCharles Asher Small
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.