Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Business Today has been developed specifically to meet the needs of international students of business. Written in a refreshing, informative, and accessible style, it has become the most widely used text in the International Business market with its comprehensive and up-to-date contents; focus on managerial implications and application of international business concepts; and incorporation of ancillary resources that enliven the text and make it easier to teach. In addition to boxed material which provides insightful illustrations in every chapter, interesting anecdotes have been carefully weaved into the narrative of the text to engage the reader. Enhancements to the Global Edition include: new country focus boxes that provide background on the political, ecomic, social, or cultural aspects of countries grappling with an international business issue to help raise students' awareness of how national and geographic differences affect the conduct of international business, such as Corruption in the Philippines and the Export Processing Zone Authority of Pakistan; new management focus boxes that provide lively illustrations of the relevance of chapter material for the practice of international business, including Patenting Basmati Rice and Expatriate Managers; and new perspective boxes that provide additional context for chapter topics, such as Market Ecomy in China, Australian SMEs Embrace the Chinese Currency, and Global Variations in Ownership Structure. This Global Edition has been adapted to meet the needs of courses outside the United States and does t align with the instructor and student resources available with the U.S. edition. Features: target Audience; full-time students pursuing an undergraduate course in business; and lecturers who wish to adopt this book as a course in business.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHORS Charles W.L. Hill is the Hughes M. Blake Professor of International Business at the School of Business, University of Washington. He has published some 50 articles in peer-reviewed academic journals. He has also published four college textbooks, one on strategic management, one on principles of management, and the other two on international business (one of which you are now holding). He serves on the editorial boards of several academic journals and previously served as consulting editor at the Academy of Management Review. Professor Hill teaches in the MBA and executive MBA programs at the University of Washington and has received awards for teaching excellence in both programs. He has also taught on several customized executive programs. Krishna Udayasankar is part of the International Business Group of Nanyang Business School in Nanyang Technological University. Her research interests span the broad and dynamic field of business-government-society interactions. She has published papers on corporate social responsibility in leading journals such as the Journal of Business Ethics. She has also garnered awards for her work on international corporate governance, including Best Distinguished Paper at the Academy of Management Conference in 2005. Dr. Udayasankar brings to the classroom her diverse experiences as a trained lawyer, activist, corporate executive, and business consultant. She particularly aims to bridge the gap between academia and practice by breaking down abstract and complex theoretical concepts into intuitive blocks that managers can imbibe and apply. Wee Chow Hou is currently Professor of Strategy and Marketing and heads the Marketing and International Business Division at the Nanyang Business School in Nanyang Technological University. On the corporate front, Professor Wee has served as a Board Director in various statutory boards and corporate entities, including the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, HTL Holdings Ltd., and Tembusu Growth Fund Ltd. Professor Wee has over 300 publications in various international, regional, and local journals and conference proceedings, and is the author/senior author of several bestselling books. He has consulted and conducted executive training to over 250 major corporations in over 30 countries and/or economies, including Fortune 500 companies and major companies such as Dell, Roche Diagnostics, and Givaudan. He is regularly invited to address major business and professional conferences around the world.
- Author(s)Charles W. L. Hill,Chow-Hou Wee,Krishna Udayasankar
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date13/04/2016
- Weight1 g
- Width219 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementGlobal ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.