Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the way transnational media companies have entered the Chinese entertainment market. Based on the author s ethgraphic work and over 100 interviews with senior executives in global media corporations, including Warner Bros. Pictures, Viacom s MTV Channel, and Nickelodeon and News Corporation s Channel V, the book analyzes the concrete globalization/localization strategies of these corporations and how they cope with the various political and ecomic constraints of working in China.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Anthony Y.H. Fung is an associate professor in the School of Journalism and Communication at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He received his Ph.D. from the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Minnesota. His research interests include political economy of transnational media corporations, popular culture, and cultural studies.
- Author(s)Anthony Y. H. Fung
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Everyday Life
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.