All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the way transnational media companies have entered the Chinese entertainment market. Based on the author's ethnographic work and over 100 interviews with senior executives in global media corporations, including Warner Bros. Pictures, Viacom's MTV Channel, and Nickelodeon and News Corporation's Channel V, the book analyzes the concrete globalization/localization strategies of these corporations and how they cope with the various political and economic constraints of working in China.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Anthony Y.H. Fung is an associate professor in the School of Journalism and Communication at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He received his Ph.D. from the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Minnesota. His research interests include political economy of transnational media corporations, popular culture, and cultural studies.
- Author(s)Anthony Y. H. Fung
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Everyday Life
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight320 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.