All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelected as an Outstanding Academic Title by Choice Magazine in 2014! This book aims to deepen the student's understanding of the complex ethical challenges that businesses face in an increasingly globalized world. As the world moves towards greater interdependence, it has been demonstrated that globalization is linked to ecomic growth. This raises a critical question: as a key player in fostering ecomic growth, how does the multinational corporation function as a moral agent? Global Capitalism, Culture, and Ethics offers a sophisticated analysis of theoretical ethical issues such as universalism versus pluralism; the connection between law and morality; the validity of a corporate social agenda; and the general parameters of moral responsibilities for multinational corporations. With these foundational issues addressed, the book proceeds to analyze a number of specific controversies such as the proper scope of political activism, disinvestment, environmental sustainability, and responsible sourcing from low wage countries. The analysis of globalization is t confined to a treatment of the moral obligations of multinational corporations, but also reviews the history of global capitalism, the interdependence between governments and multinational corporations, and the beneficial and harmful effects of globalization on social welfare. Weaving together themes from ecomics, history, philosophy, and law, this book allows the reader to appreciate globalization from multiple perspectives. Its theoretical cogency and uncompromising clarity make it a rewarding read for students interested in issues of ethics and globalization.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Spinello is Associate Research Professor at Boston College, USA, where he teaches courses on ethics, social issues in management, and corporate strategy. He has written nine books on ethics, and has published in journals such as Business Ethics Quarterly and Ethics and Information Technology.
- Author(s)Richard Spinello
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.