Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Catholicism charts the complex history of the forces of renewal unleashed on the Roman Catholic Church by the Second Vatican Council and the counter-forces that were mobilised against it during the last half century. Ian Linden offers a comprehensive analysis of how much the Catholic Church has lived up to the Council's promise, come to terms with pluralism, modernity, and different forms of spirituality and become a genuinely world Church, the only competitor to global Islam in the twenty-first century. He focuses tably on changes that had wider historical importance than the internal evolution of the Roman Catholic Church as a religious organisation: war and peace, nationalism and democratisation in Africa, liberation theology, military dictatorships, guerrilla movements in Latin America, Africa and Philippines, interaction with communist governments, in culturation and relations with resurgent Islam.
- Author BiographyIan Linden is a professorial research associate at SOAS, University of London. A past director of the Catholic Institute for International Relations, a respected think-tank, he has been writing for Catholic periodicals and magazines for over forty years.
- Author(s)Ian Linden
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.