All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCitizenship education equips children with the skills necessary to play an active part in society and act as socially and morally responsible citizens. Margaret Collins has used her considerable experience to create ather fantastic age appropriate practical resource for children aged 4-9 that widens the concept of citizenship so that it incorporates global issues. The book explores six topics: Basic needs, Environmental issues, Fairness, Exploring various cultures, Democracy, and Global issues. Each section has an introductory page and ideas for resources, followed by activities on the same topic differentiated for younger and older primary pupils. Clear guidelines are provided for discussion and activities which could take place in Circle Time. At the end of each section there is a story for children to consider accompanied by developmental activities and activity sheets, as well as a page of reflections related to the global challenges we all face. This exciting resource will act as a starting point for stimulating teachers and encouraging children to widen their learning. Teachers will be able to use these activities to set further challenges, to help explore current situations and to help with understanding present concerns. Margaret Collins is a former headteacher of infant and first schools. She is w Senior Visiting Fellow in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. She researches children's perceptions of health education topics, writes teaching materials for children, books and articles on PSHE.
- Author BiographyMargaret Collins is a former headteacher of infant and first schools. She is now Senior Visiting Fellow in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. She researches children's perceptions of health education topics, writes teaching materials for children, books and articles on PSHE.
- Author(s)Margaret Collins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLucky Duck Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLucky Duck Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.