All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCalcium plays pivotal role in regulating the physiological as well as developmental processes in plants. Till w, several calcium sensors have been discovered, which regulate the diverse signaling pathways involved in plant growth and development. One of the major calcium sensors CBL (calcineurin B-like) is decoding the calcium signal during various environmental stresses in plants. Calcium mediated signal is transduced downstream by CBL-interacting protein kinases (CIPKs), which generally phosphorylate the target proteins such as transcription factors or transporters/channel leading to a response. Mutant based approach has provided valuable information in the functional analysis of individual members of CBL and CIPK gene family in Arabidopsis. Both CBL and CIPK gene families have previously been identified and characterized in Arabidopsis and rice. Identification and characterization of CBLs and CIPKs in other plant species such as Oryza sativa, Pisum sativum, Cicer arietinum, Zea mays, Populus euphratica, Vitis vinifera, Malus domestica, Gossypium hirsutum, Sorghum bicolor, Brassica napus, Vicia faba, Phaseolus vulgaris, Ammopiptanthus mongolicus and Triticum aestivum are still in juvenile stage. Overall, Global Comparative Analysis of CBL-CIPK Gene Families in Plants is a comprehensive study focused on the diverse role of CBL-CIPK module in different stress signaling and also to identify a newly emerging role of this calcium-signaling module in plant growth and development across different plant species. In addition, beside Arabidopsis, it will provide backbone of kwledge to perform a detail molecular investigation in crop plant species and could possibly enable in designing strategies to tame abiotic stress tolerance and development in important agromical crop plants. This book will act as handy and informative source in this field for students as well as advanced researchers.
- Author BiographyGirdhar K. Pandey Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi-110021, India Poonam Kanwar Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi-110021, India Amita Pandey Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi-110021, India.
- Author(s)Girdhar K. Pandey
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Plant Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note19 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight209 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.