All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionCompensation is a systematic approach to providing monetary value and other benefits to employees in exchange for their work and service. But pay and conditions becomes a more complicated issue for multinational companies which operate across different locations and cultures, and who employ an increasingly diverse range of personnel. This unique new text gives in-depth analysis of the key themes and emerging topics faced by global enterprises when dealing with compensation issues. The first section, 'Foundation Concepts', looks at the design of compensation packages for a number of different employee groups; from supply chain management to research and development, as well as ethical considerations when dealing with a global context, and the concept of performance related pay. The second section, 'Global Applications', looks at current debates in the field, including the influence of national cultures on compensation schemes, discrepancies in CEO pay, and contrasts in wages between industry types. Part of Routledge's Global HRM, this is is an invaluable text for any student of HRM, Business and Management, or any practitioner working in this area.
- Author BiographyLuis R. Gomez-Mejia holds the Horace Steele Chair in the Management Department at Arizona State University, USA. His publications have appeared in most major management journals, including Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Personnel Psychology, Journal of Management and Strategic Management Journal. Steve Werner is an Associate Professor of Management at the University of Houston, USA. He has published over three dozen academic and practitioner papers on HRM and international business. Professor Werner serves on the editorial board of the Human Resource Management Journal and Human Resource Management Review.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleGlobal HRM
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLuis Gomez-Mejia,Steve Werner
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.