All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $12.96
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $19.72
About this product
- DescriptionCricket is a game steeped in history and tradition. But it is also one of the most exciting, and rapidly changing, sports in the world. New, fast-paced, forms of the game such as the IPL have attracted a younger fan base, and sponsorship deals and increased media coverage mean that top cricket players are some of the best-kwn, highly paid, sports stars on the planet. Generation Cricket celebrates the rejuvenation of the game, giving readers a sense of the drama, action and skill involved in playing the game. Generation Cricket: Global Cricket looks at the game in all its many forms, from T20 and test matches to One Day Internationals, Kwik Cricket and even beach cricket. The book explains how cricket has evolved from a game for the elite to one that is played by millions of people, in many different ways, all over the world. It also focuses on some of the most famous competitions in cricket, from the IPL and Twenty20 World Cup to the Ashes and the ICC World Cup and Women's World Cup. All of the ten current Test Nations are detailed, along with their rivalries and some of their most impressive recent performances. Star Player features provide information about the men and women at the top of the sport both w and in the past, including Sachin Tendulkar, Ellyse Perry, Kieron Pollard, Virat Kohli, Kumar Sangakkara and Sir Donald Bradman. A comprehensive guide to the many competitions, leagues and teams in the world of cricket, Generation Cricket: Global Cricket is ideal for cricket lovers aged 9 and above, either for project work or simply as a great leisure read.
- Author BiographyClive Gifford is the author of more than 150 children's books including 'Eye Benders', winner of the Royal Society Young People's Book Prize, Royal Society-nominated 'Out of This World' and '30 Seconds Space'.
- Author(s)Clive Gifford,Rob Colson
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleGeneration Cricket
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/09/2016
- Weight354 g
- Width217 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.