Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionScarcity is the basic ecomic problem confronting all humanity, and humanity has struggled for centuries to overcome it. Yet, despite new ideas and new techlogy, little has been achieved in dealing with scarcity. Moreover, despite successes in conquering space and in developing techlogical invations, humanity has failed to deal successfully with social, ecomic, environmental, political, and educational problems. This book analyzes these successes and failures and argues that the root of developmental problems lies in continuing human factor decay and underdevelopment. For successful ecomic development, every country must focus on human factor development. Traditional books on ecomic development focus on items like investment, human capital acquisition, population control, foreign aid and technical assistance, international trade, and techlogy transfer. This book argues that the integrating core of every development program is human factor development. In the presence of human factor decay, nation can develop, even when the necessary resources are made available.
- Author BiographySENYO B. S. K. ADJIBOLOSOO is Professor of Business and Economics at Trinity Western University. He is the Director of the International Institute for Human Factor Development, an institute devoted to researching the human factor and its role in development. His most recent book is Human Factor Engineering and the Political Economy of African Development (Praeger, 1996).
- Author(s)Senyo B-.S.K. Adjibolosoo
- Date of Publication18/02/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.