Global Ethics and Moral Responsibility: Hans Jonas and His Critics by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $252.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe philosophy of Hans Jonas was widely influential in the late twentieth century, warning of the potential dangers of techlogical progress and its negative effect on humanity and nature. Jonas advocated greater moral responsibility and taking this as a starting point, this volume explores current ethical issues within the context of his philosophy. It considers the vital intersection between law and global ethics, covering issues related to techlogy and ethics, medical ethics, religion and environmental ethics. Examining different aspects of Hans Jonas' philosophy and applying it to contemporary issues, leading international scholars and experts on his work suggest original and promising solutions to topical problems. This collection of articles revives interest in Hans Jonas' ethical reasoning and his tion of responsibility. The book covers a wide range of areas and is useful to those interested in philosophy and theory of law, human rights, ethics, bioethics, environmental law, philosophy and theology as well as political theory and philosophy.
- Author BiographyJohn-Stewart Gordon is W1 Professor of Anthropology and Ethics in Rehabilitation Sciences and Co-Director of the Hans Jonas Research Centre at Cologne University. Furthermore, he holds a permanent Visiting Professorship in Philosophy at Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas, Lithuania. He is a member of the Board of 'Bioethics' as well as area editor and board member of the Internet Encyclopaedia of Philosophy. He has published several books and numerous articles on the subject of practical philosophy. Professor Holger Burckhart is President of the University of Siegen. He is Chairman of the accreditation agency (AQAS) for accrediting courses for study at German universities. He is a board member of the Hans Jonas Research Centre, Berlin, and Director of the Hans Jonas Institute, University of Cologne. He is a Fellow of the IZA - Institute for the Study of Labour. His research in practical philosophy focuses on the general philosophy of science, transcendental philosophy, philosophy of language, and philosophy of educational theory concerning special education issues. He is co-editor of 'Kritische Hans Jonas Werkausgabe' (critical Hans Jonas edition).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight582 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byHolger Burckhart,John-Stewart Gordon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.