Global Explorers: The Next Generation of Leaders by Allen Morrison, J. Stewart Black, Hal B. Gregersen (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this age of globalization challenges--from ecomic uncertainty to emerging markets--there are mapped out answers for the international manager. Global Explorers guides the global manager from the periphery to the center stage of international business leadership. In a 1997 survey of Fortune 500 firms conducted by authors J. Stewart Black, Allen J. Morrison and Hal B. Gregersen, virtually all companies indicated there was a severe shortage of global leaders. The demand for competent global leaders far outstrips the supply. Global Explorers provides the skills and outlines the competencies future global managers need to fill the leadership gap. Using extensive research, real-life examples, and 130 in-depth interviews with senior executives representing 50 global companies, including IBM, Disney, Exxon and Sony, Global Explorers suggests the reasons for the global leadership shortage, and identifies the necessary skills to compete in the international marketplace. For managers who want to safeguard their corporate future in these changing times, Global Explorers will help them develop a personal program for developing and balancing the skills they need to become successful global leaders.
- Author BiographyJ. Stewart Black is Visiting Professor of Management at the University of California, Irvine and Managing Director of the Global Leadership Institute. He has written many books, including most recently, with Hal. B. Gregersen, So You're Going Overseas: A Handbook for Personal and 333fessional Success. Allen J. Morrison is Associate Professor of International Management at the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario. He is the author of Strategies and Structure of the World's 100 Largest Industrial Transnational Corporations (forthcoming). Hal B. Gregersen is Associate Professor of International Management at the Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University. He is the co-author, with J. Stewart Black, of Globalizing People Through Effective International Assignments (1999).
- Author(s)Allen Morrison,Hal B. Gregersen,J. Stewart Black
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/1999
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemaps
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.