All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $20.48Trending at AU $29.81
- AU $36.36Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $58.92
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a recipe book, this colorful collection arose from a unique community project and invites us to explore the dishes and food lore of 26 people from Asia, Africa, the Pacific, South America, Europe and The Middle East. Each migrant's story is followed by a selection of their favourite recipes, carefully chosen to make a meal and to reflect the distinctive flavours, textures and traditions of their inherited foodways. All recipes have been adapted for use with locally available ingredients. In presenting their recipes, each new New Zealander reflects on their ethnic heritage and identity in relation to the food traditions of their country of birth, including preparation methods, rituals and celebrations. Beautifully presented, the book inspires new ways of thinking about food and encourages an appreciation of the richness of our diverse communities.
- Author BiographyBeryl Lee was born in Dunedin where she spent most of her working life as a teacher. For many years she has provided support for overseas students and hosted world travellers through an international travel organisation. She is currently president of the local multi-ethnic council.
- Author(s)Afife Skafi Harris,Beryl Lee
- PublisherOtago University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationDunedin
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintOtago University Press
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight586 g
- Width203 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byTushar Robins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.