All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Garbage examines the ways in which garbage, in its diverse forms, is being produced, managed, experienced, imagined, circulated, concealed, and aestheticized in contemporary urban environments and across different creative and cultural practices. The book explores the increasingly complex relationship between globalization and garbage in locations such as Beirut, Detroit, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Manchester, Naples, Paris, Rio de Janeiro and Tehran. In particular, the book examines how, and under what conditions, contemporary imaginaries of excess, waste, and abandonment perpetuate - but also sometimes counter - the imbalances of power that are frequently associated with the global metropolitan condition. This interdisciplinary collection will appeal to the fields of anthropology, architecture, film and media studies, geography, urban studies, sociology, and cultural analysis.
- Author BiographyChristoph Lindner is Professor of Media and Culture at the University of Amsterdam. Miriam Meissner is Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies at Lancaster University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sustainable Urbanism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 67 black & white halftones
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristoph Lindner,Miriam Meissner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.