All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps other public policy issue has greater potential to affect some of the most significant ecomic, political, social, and ethical changes of the 21st century than global health. In this book, a scholar/physician team authors a comprehensive introduction to global health issues and emphasises the potential of public health intervention to improve the longevity and quality of human life across the globe. The authors have lived and worked in Africa as well as in medically underserved areas of the United States, so they write with firsthand experience and authority. Using themes of interconnectedness, globalisation, and united concern from citizens, this book encourages readers to consider the role that they might play as engaged citizens in taking on the global public health challenges of the 21st century including everything from AIDs and flu to tobacco, obesity, and threats in conflict zones.
- Author BiographyDebra L. DeLaet is Professor of Politics and International Relations at Drake University. David E. DeLaet is Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
- Author(s)David E. DeLaet,Debra L. DeLaet
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight657 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.