All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman trafficking has moved from relative obscurity to a major area of research, policy and teaching over the past ten years. Research has sprung from crimilogy, public policy, women's and gender studies, sociology, anthropology, and law, but has been somewhat hindered by the failure of scholars to engage beyond their own disciplines and favoured methodologies. Recent research has begun to improve efforts to understand the causes of the problem, the experiences of victims, policy efforts, and their consequences in specific cultural and historical contexts. Global Human Trafficking: Critical issues and contexts foregrounds recent empirical work on human trafficking from an interdisciplinary, critical perspective. The collection includes classroom-friendly features, such as introductory chapters that provide essential background for understanding the trafficking literature, textboxes explaining key concepts, discussion questions for each chapter, and lists of additional resources, including films, websites, and additional readings for each chapter. The authors include both eminent and emerging scholars from around the world, drawn from law, anthropology, crimilogy, sociology, cultural studies, and political science and the book will be useful for undergraduate and graduate courses in these areas, as well as for scholars interested in trafficking.
- Author BiographyMolly Dragiewicz is Associate Professor in the School of Justice, Faculty of Law at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. Dr. Dragiewicz is author of Equality with a vengeance: Men's rights groups, battered women, and antifeminist backlash. She received the Critical Criminologist of the Year Award from the American Society of Criminology Division on Critical Criminology in 2012 and the New Scholar Award from the American Society of Criminology Division on Women and Crime in 2009.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleGlobal Issues in Crime and Justice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMolly Dragiewicz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.