Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Injustice and Crime Control places cross-border, cross-national and international crime and crime control within its wider context. It examines theory from a range of disciplines and introduces students to the frequently neglected area of the world order and world politics, in an effort to direct attention to the links between events, power, ideas, institutions, policies, actions and counter-actions at the international and domestic level. In an increasingly interconnected and interdependent world, the various dimensions of globalisation play a pivotal role in issues of crime and criminal justice in the 21st century. This interdisciplinary textbook offers a critical treatment of the development and recent acceleration of national, regional and international efforts at cross-border crime control and law enforcement. The book t only places cross-national and international efforts by police, courts, regional and international agencies within their historical context, but also focuses on elucidating leading theoretical perspectives from within globalisation literature, crimilogy and international relations to shed light upon both sides of this phemen. Areas covered include: * cross-border crime and security, * state crime and corruption, * international responses to gecide, * terrorism and counter-terrorism, * organised crime. This book will be perfect reading for modules in transnational crime and justice and will be of interest to students in crimilogy, policing, public policy and international relations.
- Author BiographyWendy Laverick is Senior Lecturer in Criminology at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Wendy Laverick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleGlobal Issues in Crime and Justice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.