All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Jihadism exposes the core doctrine and strategy of today's global Jihadist movement. The first half of the book explores the ideas upon which groups such as Al Qaeda are built, including the concepts of Jihad, al-Wala wal-Bara, Takfir and Tawhid. Jarret Brachman exposes a genre of Jihadist strategic scholarship that has been virtually igred in the West and helps to situate it within the broader Salafist religious movement. The second half explores the thinking and activities of Al Qaeda's propaganda machine, explaining its intricacies and idiosyncrasies. It includes case studies on the rise and fall of global Jihadist terrorism in Saudi Arabia post-9/11, and highlights the explosive results of bringing theory to bear on practice in the United Kingdom over the past twenty years. The book concludes by providing invative strategies for combating the global Jihadist ideology.
- Author BiographyJarret Brachman is Director of Research in the Combating Terrorism Center at the United States Military Academy, West Point, and an Adjunct Professor at New York University's Center for Global Affairs.
- Author(s)Jarret M. Brachman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitlePolitical Violence
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.