All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat models of distributive justice can the twenty-first century promote to challenge the spread of insecurity, inequality and social fragmentation? The twentieth century was dominated by competition between two labour models of society - state socialism and welfare state capitalism, which promoted forms of labour security. Since the 1970s globalization and flexible labour markets have increased insecurity and inequalities. After a period dominated by libertarianism, politicians and social thinkers must find ways of promoting distributive justice, based on basic security and new forms of voice representation and regulation. Dismissing the approach of the 'new paternalists', this book presents a vision combining security of income and representation without moralistic state control.
- Author BiographyGuy Standing is Senior Economist for International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Guy Standing
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/06/1999
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave USA
- Content Notebiography
- Weight732 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.