All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal leadership has been frequently heralded by writers and executives as the key to sustained competitive advantage on the part of organizations. In addition, it is clear that the possession of leadership qualities and the display of leader behavior are requirements for individuals attempting to progress in their careers. It is important for aspiring managers to learn about the nature of effective global leadership and how they can develop their own competencies in this area. This textbook provides an important overview of this key emerging area within business and management. Offering a view into the nature of global leadership and the competencies necessary for aspiring managers to succeed, Global Leadership is essential reading for students of leadership, organizational theory, strategic management, human resource management, and for anyone working and managing in the global arena. Now in its second edition, it draws from recent research to both contemporize timeless topics and address today's relevant topics, from corporate social responsibility, to cultural competencies, to current techlogy.
- Author Biography* Mark E. Mendenhall holds the J. Burton Frierson Chair of Excellence in Business Leadership in the College of Business Administration at the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga. Dr. Joyce Osland is the Lucas Endowed Professor of Global Leadership at San Jose State University's College of Business in San Jose, California (Silicon Valley). Allan Bird is Darla and Frederick Brodsky Trustee Professor in Global Business, Northeastern University, and Visiting Professor, Rikkyo University. Gary R.Oddou is a professor of international management and directs the Global Business Management program at California State University, San Marcos. Martha L Maznevski is Professor of Organizational Behavior and International Management at the Institute for Management Development (IMD), and the Master of Business Administration Program Director. Michael J. Stevens is Associate Professor, Business Administration-Human Resource Management, Weber State University. Gunter K. Stahl is Professor of International Management at WU Vienna and Adjunct Professor of Organizational Behavior at INSEAD.
- Author(s)Allan Bird,Gary R. Oddou,Gunter K. Stahl,Joyce Osland,Mark E. Mendenhall,Martha L. Maznevski,Michael J. Stevens
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleGlobal HRM
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.