All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal mobile satellite communications (GMSC) are specific satellite communication systems for maritime, land and aeronautical applications. It enables connections between moving objects such as ships, vehicles and aircrafts, and telecommunications subscribers through the medium of communications satellites, ground earth stations, PTT or other landline telecommunications providers. Mobile satellite communications and techlogy have been in use for over two decades. Its initial application is aimed at the maritime market for commercial and distress applications. In recent years, new developments and initiatives have resulted in land and aeronautical applications and the introduction of new satellite constellations in n-geostationary orbits such as Little and Big LEO configurations and hybrid satellite constellations as Ellipso Borealis and Concordia system. This book is important for modern shipping, truck, train and aeronautical societies because GMSC in the present millennium provides more effective business and trade, with emphasis on safety and commercial communications. Global Mobile Satellite Communications is written to make bridges between potential readers and current GMSC trends, mobile system concepts and network architecture using a simple mode of style with understandable technical information, characteristics, graphicons, illustrations and mathematics equations. Global Mobile Satellite Communications represents telecommunications technique and techlogy, which can be useful for all technical staff on vessels at sea and rivers, on all types of land vehicles, on planes, on off shore constructions and for everyone possessing satellite communications handset phones.
- Author(s)Stojce Dimov Ilcev
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight722 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.