All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Nollywood considers this first truly African cinema beyond its Nigerian origins. In 15 lively essays, this volume traces the engagement of the Nigerian video film industry with the African continent and the rest of the world. Topics such as Nollywood as a theoretical construct, the development of a new, critical film language, and Nollywood's transformation outside of Nigeria reveal the broader implications of this film form as it travels and develops. Highlighting controversies surrounding commodification, globalization, and the development of the film industry on a wider scale, this volume gives sustained attention to Nollywood as a uniquely African cultural production.
- Author BiographyMatthias Krings is Professor of Anthropology and African Popular Culture at Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. Onookome Okome is Professor of African Literature and Film Studies at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note10 b&w illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMatthias Krings,Onookome Okome
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.