All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Orthopedics: Caring for Musculoskeletal Conditions and Injuries in Austere Settings was conceived and written to be a unique reference for surgeons working in resource-limited environments. The first sections provide historical background, global public health perspectives of orthopedics, the role of culture, and a broad discussion of clinical topics that orthopedic surgeons rarely deal with in high-resource settings but that affect orthopedic care. Adult and pediatric trauma are presented in an anatomical format for easy reference, with a focus on the natural history and the best treatment methods within existing limitations. The chapters on musculoskeletal infections provide a focused discussion about these common debilitating conditions that is unavailable in any other single modern text. The n-infectious pediatric conditions section has been written for the n-specialist to handle selected developmental and early childhood orthopedic problems commonly seen in low-resource settings. Detailed chapters on reconstruction surgery, tumor management, amputations, and the orthopedic needs in the face of conflicts and natural disasters round out the text.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Gosselin, MD, MPH, MSc, FRCS(c), Co-Director, Institute for Global Orthopedics and Traumatology, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA David A. Spiegel, MD, Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Honorary Consultant in Orthopedics, Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre for Disabled Children, Benepa, Nepal, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA Michelle Foltz, MD, Columbus, MT, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/04/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note227 black & white illustrations, 159 colour illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1203 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDavid Spiegel,Michelle Foltz,Richard Gosselin
- Edition Statement2013
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.