All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the International White Shark Symposium in 2010, Global Perspectives on the Biology and Life History of the White Shark incorporates the most important contemporary research findings into a single peer-reviewed book. This beautifully illustrated reference represents a historic change in the context of White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias) research. Once considered one of the most poorly understood and difficult sharks to study, this timely book recognizes a new sophisticated focus on the White Shark, raising its status from obscurity to enlightenment. The Global Perspectives on the Biology and Life History of the White Shark celebrates the White Shark as the most studied shark in the sea. Within the chapters one can find new insights into a vast range of topics, such as behavior, physiology, migration patterns, habitat preferences, daily activity patterns, molecular genetics, reproductive biology and new research methods. The book also delves into population monitoring and policy options for managers and researchers.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Domeier, Ph.D., is the founding President of the Marine Conservation Science Institute, a Southern California nonprofit organization dedicated to bridging the gap between research and conservation. Dr. Domeier earned his B.S. in marine biology from the Florida Institute of Technology in 1987, followed by a Ph.D. in marine biology and fisheries from the University of Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science in 1992. He has made important contributions to a wide variety of specialized fields, including coral reef fish ecology, pelagic fish ecology, and the advancement of electronic tagging technology and methods. He was the Organizing Chair of the Fourth International Billfish Symposium held in 2004 and he also chaired the 2009 International White Shark Symposium. His pioneering White Shark research at Guadalupe Island, Mexico, distinguishes him among the world's foremost White Shark experts.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note240 colour illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight1338 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMichael L. Domeier
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.