Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionMulticulturalism is w seen by many of its critics as the source of intercultural and social tensions, fostering communal segregation and social conflicts. While the cultural diversity of contemporary societies has to be ackwledged as an empirical and demographic fact, whether multiculturalism as a policy offers an optimal conduit for intercultural understanding and social harmony has become increasingly a matter of polarised public debate. This book examines the contested philosophical foundations of multiculturalism and its, often controversial, applications in the context of migrant societies. It also explores the current theoretical debates about the extent to which multiculturalism, and related conceptual constructs, can account for the various ethical challenges and policy dilemmas surrounding the management of cultural diversity in our contemporary societies. The authors consider common conceptual and empirical features from a transnational perspective through analysis of the case studies of Australia, Canada, Columbia, Germany, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Uruguay. This book will be of interest to students and scholars of political science, comparative politics, international studies, multiculturalism, migration and political sociology.
- Author BiographyFethi Mansouri is Research Professor in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and is the Director of the Centre for Citizenship and Globalisation at Deakin University, Australia. He holds a UNESCO Chair on Cultural Diversity and Social Justice. Boulou Ebanda de B'beri is Research Director and Professor of Communication Studies at the University of Ottawa, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Comparative Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBoulou Ebanda de B'Beri,Fethi Mansouri
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.