All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is increasing awareness of growing similarities in political marketing practices around the world. Global political marketing is a comprehensive analysis of why, how and with what affect parties use political marketing in a range of political systems - presidential, parliamentary, two and multi-party, and established and emerging democracies. Written by a team of 25 international expert authors, the volume explores the impact of systemic features such as the party and electoral system, analysing how parties use marketing through 14 detailed country studies. The book explores the tion that political marketing is used by parties to both sell and design political products, is by means confined to the opposition, and that many opinions besides those of the voters are considered in product design, including ideological anchors, expert opinion and party members' input. The authors also explore how other factors impact on political marketing effectiveness, such as the ability of governments to communicate delivery, stay in touch, the role of the media and party unity and culture. Finally the work discusses the democratic implications of market-oriented parties, highlighting the need for debate about the relationship between citizens and governments and the prospects for democracy in the 21st century. Including a practitioner perspective as well as rigorous academic analysis, this collection provides the first global comprehensive overview of how political parties market themselves, it will be of great interest to all scholars of political marketing, parties and elections and comparative politics.
- Author BiographyJennifer Lees-Marshment is Senior Lecturer at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. Jesper Stromback is professor in Media and Communication and Lubbe Nordstrom Professor and Chair in Journalism at Mid Sweden University, where he is also research director at the Centre for Political Communication Research. Chris Rudd is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Politics at the University of Otago, New Zealand.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 48 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byChris Rudd,Jennifer Lees-Marshment,Professor Jesper Stromback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.