All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Practices and Training in Applied Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology offers case analysis as a vehicle to address issues and experiences in the application of sport, exercise, and performance psychology (SEPP) and the supervision/training of individuals to become professionals in the field. A follow-up to Becoming a Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology Professional (2014), this book features a discussion of real-world case examples which highlight various aspects of professional practice as well as supervision and training. Professionals from around the world, including the United States and Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia share diverse experiences, providing a uniquely in-depth, global perspective. The case studies contained in the book were selected to provide insight into specific elements of applied practice and supervision/training through a global lens as well as demonstrate the value of incorporating case analysis and reflection into one's training and continued professional development. Case analysis is an essential part of learning and instruction. Beyond educating the reader about theories and research on related topics in the field, case analysis allows for more complex levels of learning, including analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of diverse scenarios. In Part I of this book, the cases focus on applied SEPP practice; Part II is comprised of cases that focus on training and supervision. This book is essential reading for graduate students and neophyte professionals in the field for whom it is critical to learn how to effectively apply kwledge to real-world sport, exercise, and performance psychology scenarios. In addition, the book is a useful resource for seasoned and expert practitioners and supervisors who can use case analysis as a means of continuing their professional development.
- Author BiographyJ. Gualberto Cremades, Ed.D., Ph.D., CC-AASP, is a Professor in the Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences at Barry University in Miami, Florida. Lauren S. Tashman, Ph.D., CC-AASP, is an Assistant Professor of Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology in the Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences at Barry University in Miami, Florida.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJ. Gualberto Cremades,Lauren S. Tashman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.