Global Problems: The Search for Equity, Peace, and Sustainability by Scott R. Sernau (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $178.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring social problems on a global scale This text uses social science perspectives to examine the various dimensions of globalization, the social problems of inequality, war and violence, and environmental sustainability that are occurring on a global scale. Clear writing and vivid examples help students to better understand their role as global citizens. The book was designed for courses such as Global Issues, Contemporary Problems, Social Problems, Social Stratification, World Cultures, and Social Change. Learning Goals Upon completing this book, readers should be able to: * Understand social problems on a global scale - from inequalities to sustainability * See the interconnections of the world and people throughout the world * Learn about issues with a multinational and multidisciplinary approach, so readers will be able to have a broader understanding of the subject Note: MySearchLab does t come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySearchLab with eText (at additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205863531 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205863532
- Author BiographyScott Sernau (Ph.D., Cornell University) is Professor of Sociology and Director of International Programs at Indiana University South Bend where he regularly teaches courses on social inequality, urban society, sustainability and global issues. He has taught in Mexico, in France and aboard ship on global voyages with the University of Virginia's Semester at Sea program. He is the author of Economies of Exclusion: Underclass Poverty and Labor Market Change in Mexico; Critical Choices: Applying Sociological Insight in Your Life, Family, and Community; Bound: Living in the Globalized World, and Social Inequalities in a Global Age as well as editor of Contemporary Readings in Globalization. He has won six trustee's teaching awards, as well as the Sylvia Bowman Award for Distinguished Teaching and the PA Mack Award for Distinguished Service to Teaching. He serves on the steering committee of the IU Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching, the board of the IUSB Center for a Sustainable Future, and the board of the Toda Institute for Global Peace and Policy Research.
- Author(s)Scott R. Sernau
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.