All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Punk examines the global phemen of DIY (do-it-yourself) punk, arguing that it provides a powerful tool for political resistance and personal self-empowerment. Drawing examples from across the evolution of punk - from the streets of 1976 London to the alleys of contemporary Jakarta - Global Punk is both historically rich and global in scope. Looking beyond the music to explore DIY punk as a lived experience, Global Punk examines the ways in which punk contributes to the process of disalienation and political engagement. The book critically examines the impact that DIY punk has had on both individuals and communities, and offers chapter-length investigations of two important aspects of DIY punk culture: independent record labels and self-published zines. Grounded in scholarly theories, but written in a highly accessible style, Global Punk shows why DIY punk remains a vital cultural form for hundreds of thousands of people across the globe today.
- Author BiographyKevin Dunn is Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science at Hobart and William Smith Colleges in Geneva, NY. He is author of several books, including Imagining the Congo (2003), The Politics of Origin in Africa (2013) and Inside African Politics (2013). He is also a regular contributor to Razorcake and Maximumrocknroll magazines.
- Author(s)Kevin Dunn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight573 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.