All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSalafism and jihadi-Salafism have become significant doctrinal trends in contemporary Islamic thought, yet the West has largely failed to offer a sophisticated and discerning definition of these movements. The contributors to Global Salafism carefully outline t only the differences in the Salafi schools but the broader currents of Islamic thought that constitute this trend as well. They examine both the regional manifestations of the phemen and its shared, essential doctrines. Their analyses highlight Salafism's inherent ambivalence and complexitites--the 'out-antiquing the antique' that has brought Islamic thought into the modern age while maintaining its relationship to an older, purer authenticity. Emphasising the subtle tensions between local and glocal aspirations within the Salafi method, Global Salafism investigates the movement like other study currently available.
- Author BiographyRoel Meijer teaches modern Middle Eastern history at Radboud University in Nijmegen and is Senior Researcher at the Netherlands Institute of International Relations, Clingendael.
- PublisherOxford University Press (UK)
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press (UK)
- Weight612 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byProfessor Roel Meijer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.