All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAn insightful account of the recent histories of nearly two dozen states, Global Shift is a dynamic, nuanced study of what is sometimes referred to as the Third World. Seeking to illuminate the deep ecomic chasm between the global East and West, Mike Mason presents a new perspective of decolonization, neocolonialism, and global capitalism in the context of the rise and decline of a hegemonic America. Global Shift begins with the end of the Second World War, telling the story of a ravaged, but still dominant West, as well as the emergence of the Third World - a zone of competition and contention ultimately engulfed by the rising tide of capitalist development. Mason suggests that historic focus on the West as the centre of the global ecomy may soon be superseded by the rise of the East Drawing on history, comparative politics, and development studies, Global Shift traces the contours of state histories from Asia, Africa, and Latin America to create a comprehensive portrait of the current state of global politics that is breathtaking in scope.
- Author BiographyMike Mason, adjunct professor of history at Queen's University, has taught at the university level in Canada, Nigeria and Britain for over forty years.
- Author(s)Mike Mason
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Weight531 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine585 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.