Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- Description'This primer on the global politics of social policy ...is essential reading for students as well as others seriously interested in improving the human condition. Nuanced and critical, Deacon's book offers a much needed and constructive guide to the complex supra-national debates over rights, regulation and redistribution impinging on social welfare all over the world' - Jomo K.S., United Nations Assistant, Secretary-General for Ecomic Development 'This book is very timely and addresses many issues that are en vogue at the moment. It relates social policy studies to other fields such as global governance and development studies and thus opens up new discussions in the subject area' - Dr Antje Vetterlein, University of Oxford Global Social Policy and Governance offers an authoritative understanding of the way social policies at national and supra-national level are shaped in the context of globalisation. The book: evaluates national social policies advanced by international organisations. examines policies addressing global social redistribution, regulation and rights. highlights the roles of global actors, including INGOs, consultants, think tanks, task forces and global policy advocacy coalitions. explores the political obstacles to reforms in global social governance, outlines the growing importance of global social movements. presents arguments for more effective global and regional social policies. is illustrated by case studies, further reading sections and a glossary. Global Social Policy and Governance will be an essential text for students of social policy, development studies and international relations. It will also be invaluable reading for those shaping social policies in international organisations and those in social movements seeking to influence them. Bob Deacon is Professor of International Social Policy at the University of Sheffield.
- Author BiographyBob Deacon is Professor of Social Policy, Director of the International Social Policy Research Unit (ISPRU) and manages the Globalism and Social Policy Programme (GASPP) which is based both in Finland and the UK. Michelle Hulse and Paul Stubbs are both research assistants with ISPRU.
- Author(s)Bob Deacon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.