Global Sociology by Paul Kennedy, Professor of Sociology at the University of Warwick and Currently Dean of Humanities Robin Cohen (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition is an outstanding update of what I believe to be the best textbook for introducing undergraduates to global sociology. With a rich array of new examples, clear definitions of concepts and crisp theoretical summaries, it offers students a vision for participating as engaged citizens in a diverse, interdependent and sustainable world. -- Paul Lubeck, University of California, Santa Cruz Just think for a moment of the 'global events' that are changing the world: 9/11, the financial crisis, climate change, Fukushima, the Arab Spring. They all came by total surprise, which means they are beyond our rmal sociological categories and global in their scope and implications. That's the reason why students and professors of sociology more than ever need the information in and inspiration from Global Sociology. --Ulrich Beck, University of Munich The first, pioneering editions of Global Sociology put global issues at the heart of sociological discussion. Much has changed in the world since then; recessions, revolutions, social media, and new migration networks have developed as causes and symptoms of an increasingly global society. This new edition is fully updated to explore just how these global issues can help us to understand sociology in our world today. Making clear connections between everyday experiences and global processes at each step, the third edition carefully guides readers through essential and cutting-edge topics in the discipline, from family and feminism to environment and ecomy. Features such as biography boxes on key thinkers in the field, a thorough glossary, and review questions introduce and reinforce the book's core ideas. With clear writing and infectious enthusiasm for its topic, Global Sociology remains the authority on global issues in sociology for students at a variety of skill levels.
- Author BiographyRobin Cohen is Professor of Sociology and Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for the Study of Globalization and Regionalization, University of Warwick (UK).
- Author(s)Paul Kennedy,Professor of Sociology at the University of Warwick and Currently Dean of Humanities Robin Cohen
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white tables, colour tables, figures
- Weight960 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.