All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the author's first-hand experience and expertise, this book offers a proven framework for global software engineering. Readers will learn best practices for managing a variety of software projects, coordinating the activities of several locations across the globe while accounting for cultural differences. Most importantly, readers will learn how to engineer a first-rate software product as efficiently as possible by fully leveraging global personnel and resources. Global Software and IT takes a unique approach that works for projects of any size, examining such critical topics as:* Executing a seamless project across multiple locations* Mitigating the risks of off-shoring* Developing and implementing processes for global development* Establishing practical outsourcing guidelines* Fostering effective collaboration and communication across continents and culture This book provides a balanced framework for planning global development, covering topics such as managing people in distributed sites and managing a project across locations. It delivers a comprehensive business model that is beneficial to anyone looking for the most cost-effective, efficient way to engineer good software products.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOF EBERT, PhD, is Managing Director at Vector Consulting Services. He supports companies around the world to improve product development and strategy and to manage organizational changes. Dr. Ebert sits on a number of advisory and industry bodies. Over the years, he has set up and improved several offshoring sites and performed due diligence assessments. He serves on the executive board of the IEEE International Conference on Global Software Engineering series and teaches at the University of Stuttgart.
- Author(s)Christof Ebert
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.