All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA path-breaking account of sport in a global context, examining the changing nature of sport in relation to globalization. Develops an original theoretical perspective on sport and globalization, drawing on the work of Elias and others to develop a five-stage model of the emergence and global diffusion of modern sport.
- Author BiographyJoseph Maguire is Professor of Sociology of Sport at Loughborough University and President of the International Sociology of Sport Association.
- Author(s)Joseph Maguire
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication22/07/1999
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight343 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.