Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents new theoretical insights, practical strategies, and policy initiatives in the rapidly evolving field of global supply chain security. As businesses, governments, and society at large have become increasingly dependent on a global network to provide goods and services, protecting global supply chains has become an issue of vital importance for industries, nations, and regions. The supply chain encompasses all the links connecting a manufacturer to end users of its products. Links may take the form of plants, supplier warehouses, vendor facilities, ports or hubs, retail warehouses or facilities, and outbound shipping centers. Links also involve all the ways goods are moved-by truck, ship, airplane, or rail car. A great deal can go wrong in the supply chain due to company or systemic mismanagement and inefficiency, criminal activity, employee or techlogy errors, or terrorism, to name just a few of the threats. Then there are government regulation, industry or association oversight, and security agencies (both public and private) keeping track. Globalization, stricter security regimes, and increasingly sophisticated criminal activity have made cross-border cargo movements more complex, putting the integrity of end-to-end supply chains at much greater risk. This is why the security of the supply chain has become such an important issue for business people: there is too much at stake to let problems proliferate or stagnate. It has been estimated, for example, that thieves w steal $50 billion in goods each year from various points along the supply chain. Synthesizing the most current research, practical application, and policy, Global Supply Chain Security covers a range of emerging topics-from risk assessment to techlogy deployment to continuity planning-and will serve as a useful resource for anyone concerned with supply chain security issues, including scholars, students, business executives and policymakers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note17 colour illustrations, 13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight332 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byAndrew R. Thomas,Sebastian Vaduva
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.