All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade, the Glion Colloquium has established itself as an influential resource in addressing the challenges, roles, and responsibilities of the world's research universities. In this book, university leaders from around the world consider the role of research universities in addressing the challenges of global sustainability, including climate, environmental, ecomic, health, poverty, and geopolitical concerns. It was developed from topics discussed at the VIII Glion Colloquium in 2011. The book discusses t only how research universities are adapting to the imperatives of global sustainability (e.g., social diversity, resource management, academic programs, research and scholarship), but also how they can develop new curricula, student experiences, research paradigms, social engagement, and international alliances to better address the challenges of global sustainability while producing globally identified citizens. The contributors also consider the implications of these profound ecomic, demographic, techlogical, and political changes for the sustainability of the research university itself.
- Author BiographyLuc E. Weber is rector emeritus of the University of Geneva, Switzerland. James J. Duderstadt is president emeritus of the University of Michigan, USA.
- PublisherEconomica, Editions
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintEconomica, Editions
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJames J. Duderstadt,Luc E. Weber
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.