Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to say that a particular war is just or unjust, that terrorism is always wrong, or that torture can sometimes be morally justified? What are the moral bases for the possession or use of nuclear weapons, intervening in other countries' civil wars, or being a bystander to gecide? Such questions take us to the heart of what is morally right and wrong behaviour in our world. Global Violence: Ethical and Political Issues provides readers with the analytical tools to better understand the suppositions that underlie the debates about such questions, as well as advances its own reasoned and informed ethical analyses of these topics. The book engages different rmative approaches from the fields of ethics, political theory, and international relations and uses them to examine a set of case studies on the subjects of inter-state and civil war, nuclear weapons, terrorism, torture and gecide.
- Author BiographyEric A. Heinze is Associate Professor of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Oklahoma, USA. He is the author of Waging Humanitarian War: The Ethics, Law, and Politics of Humanitarian Intervention (2009); co-editor of Ethics, Authority, and War: Non-State Actors and the Just War Tradition (2010); and editor of Justice, Sustainability, and Security: Global Ethics for the 21st Century (2013).
- Author(s)Eric A. Heinze
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- Series TitleGlobal Ethics
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.