All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionSocieties unravel when they lose the glue that holds them together.
The opening words of Global Warming in a Politically Correct Climate reveal author M. Mihkel Mathiesen's passionate struggle to reveal how the truth has become controversial in the modern community. Mathiesen explores the paralyzing effect political correctness has on society and the associated environmental scares the public has accepted as fact for 30 years.
Contrasting the exaggerations and glib explanations of politicians, advocacy groups, and bureaucracies, Mathiesen provides a clear and revolutionary account of the actual science behind five major environmental campaigns. As the title indicates, Mathiesen's work culminates in a relentlessly objective analysis of the real causes of the present global warming.
Based on the latest scientific findings, Global Warming in a Politically Correct Climate contains densely packed information never before published in a format accessible to the n-scientist. With the forgiving veil of political correctness lifted, the roles of advocacy groups, bureaucracies, politicians, industry, the legal profession, and career-conscious scientists are examined. Mathiesen particularly scrutinizes the media.
Global Warming in a Politically Correct Climate is an enlightening look at how the transfer of wealth from an unwitting public is justified by averting n-existent threats, and how greed rather than pure idealism is at work in environmental politics.
- Author(s)M Mihkel Mathiesen
- PublisheriUniverse Star
- Date of Publication04/01/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintiUniverse Star
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound