All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionDistinctive due to explicit and systematically developed links between international relations (IR) and related disciplines, this book addresses global and regional interactions and the complex policy problems that often characterise this agenda. Such enhanced communication is crucial for improving the capacity of IR to engage with concrete issues that today are of high policy relevance for international organisations, states, diplomats, mediators and humankind in general. Whilst the authors do t reject the present IR, they offer a wider research agenda with new directions intended t only for those IR scholars who are unsatisfied with the analytical power of the current discipline, but also for those working on 'international', 'foreign', 'global' or 'interregional' issues in other disciplines and fields of research. In this instance they pay particular attention to linking up with peace research, international political ecomy (IPE) and cultural political ecomy (CPE), sociology, political geography, development studies, linguistics, cultural studies, environmental studies and energy research, gender studies, and traditions of area studies.
- Author BiographyPami Aalto is Jean Monnet Professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations and Director of the Jean Monnet Centre, University of Tampere, Finland. Vilho Harle is Chair of International Politics in the Department of Political Science and International Relations, University of Tampere, Finland. Professor Sami Moisio, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Author(s)Vilho Harle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2011
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 11 b&w illustrations
- Weight622 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPami Aalto,Sami Moisio
- Series Edited byProfessor Timothy M. Shaw
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.